[ C L O S E   T H E   W O R L D ]

[ C L O S E   T H E   W O R L D   ]

Monday, September 19, 2016

You can (not) continue with your life

GearNep
  
   Hello internet. My job at the Olympic games just ended, as the Paralympics came to a close yesterday, and because of that I'm going to have more free time do experiment with stuff in this blog, maybe change the layout a little, who knows.

   As of my last post things remain the same in my life in general ( pretty fucking shit ), but with my job contract ending, more uncertainties arise with it, as i don't know what the fuck I'm going to do next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboy Bebop


   With my newly acquired free time, i have been trying to finish watching Cowboy Bebop, an all-time classic that i somehow missed in my anime watching life.
As i progress through the series something that got my attention instantly besides the direction, story telling, animation, characterization and setting, was the music.

  Yoko Kanno is behind the music in the anime, and her compositions are something else. I think great part of the personality that this show has comes from the carefully crafted music, with lots of scenes being constructed around the music, and not the other way around. Something that makes each moment really stand out from other shows that i watched (not that many).

   I found lots of albums with Cowboy Bebop music around the net, so like i do with all of my music i compiled every single song from every single album that i found in a single package. It should contain pretty much all of the tv series, movie and soundtrack music, with maybe just some of them missing.

Download !


  -------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Knocking a little harder

 

   My favorite song from the whole Cowboy Bebop series is this one:



  I'm not a big fan of rock music, but with how Yoko Kanno somehow gives this music a kind of bluesy jazzy vibe, along the lyrics that hits way to close to home, this song (along with some other ones) sorta somehow helped me have the energy to go through the hell that was my job in the Olympic games.

  Other group that i love is Platina Jazz, along with the composer Rasmus faber, they create Jazz arrangements for anime Scores, and pretty much everything that they put out is gold.
BUT, with their rendition of "Gotta Knock a little harder" in my opinion they produced a much worse version of the original song. See:



   I think most of my complaints for this cover are addressed by the fact that this is a live recording.
The tempo is to slow and the band kinda lacks energy, the singer has a nice voice but the way he phrases the melody breaks the flow of the song.

  --------------------------------------------------------------------
   


I just realized that i wrote a lot today, maybe that's because i have been feeling specially lonely these days. In the next post i will upload my complete Platina Jazz collection, with like 5 CD's, something that i wanted to do for a while

  Bye. ~

 




 

GearNep / Author & Editor

Copyright GoatFuckers can fuck right off, bunch of slimy Jews

1 comments:

GoatFuckers Copyright Pigs Gooyaabi Templates